Caring for your Desk Chair Mat
In order to keep your office floor mat (be it a Chair Mat for Carpeted Surfaces, Chair Mat for Hard Surfaces, Anti-Static Chair Mat or Designer Chair Mat) in top shape, follow these easy maintenance and cleaning instructions.
- Use a damp cloth soaked in mild soap and warm water to clean desk chair mat, if necessary.
- Some chair mats are shipped rolled. Upon receipt of a rolled chair mat, immediately unroll and place on a flat surface. Depending on environmental conditions such as temperature, it may take up to 72 hours for an office chair mat that has been rolled to regain its natural shape.
- Do not use a desk mat in areas where it will be subjected to temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 degrees Celsius) or above 95 degrees Fahrenheit (35 degrees Celsius).
- Do not use a Chair Mat for Carpeted Surfaces (which has grippers (or cleats) underneath) on hard flooring surfaces such as wood, tile, stone, concrete or vinyl.
- Alternatively, do not use a Chair Mat for Hard Surfaces (which has a smooth backing) on carpeted surfaces since it does not have the grippers to help keep the mat from moving around.
- We recommend that chair mats not be used in an environment where moisture may be present beneath carpet or other flooring materials.
- Handle all desk chair mats with care.
Feel free to email at email@example.com or call us at 800-762-9010 anytime with questions regarding our desk chair mats.