Clean Room Sticky Mats Keep Laboratories, Gym Floors Contaminant Free
Clean Room Sticky Mats Keep Laboratories, Gym Floors Contaminant-Free
by T. E. M. Tarbash (byline in Laboratories Today)
Laboratories, surgical rooms and even gymnasium floors often require environments free of dust, dirt and debris. Although carpeted-surface floor mats do an excellent job removing such contaminants, they cannot always trap all of the smaller particles that can be tracked in. Clean Room Mats, also known as sticky mats or tacky mats, trap impurities in areas that require complete dust and debris control. American Floor Mats’ Clean Room Sticky Mats feature a tacky surface which pulls the aforementioned particles off shoe soles before they can contaminate a "clean room" or gymnasium.
Extremely effective and simple to use, each sticky mat pad contains either 30 or 60 layers of a sturdy, polyethylene film. Each of the 1/8” layers are laminated together to form a single pad. Once the top layer becomes imbedded with dust and dirt, one can simply pull the layer off and throw it away. The clean room pads do not require any special disposal action.
The next generation of the clean room sticky mat is the Carpeted Clean Room Sticky Mat. Carpeted clean room mats have 2 defensive layers against contaminants entering sanitary-sensitive areas; a carpeted Waterhog Classic Entrance Mat front half and a polyethylene-surfaced sticky mat on the rear portion. Like its predecessor, this mat traps unwanted foreign particles, dirt and debris from shoe surfaces therefore protecting sensitive equipment and sterile environments.
Each of the Carpeted Clean Room Sticky Mats contains 1 pad with 60 layers per pad for a total of 60 layers per case. Alternatively, the product is available with 4 pads of 60 layers per pad for a total of 240 layers per case. The sticky mat portion of this mat works the same way as the standard Clean Room Mat.
- Clean Room Sticky Mats offer economical dirt control for low-profile carpet, tile or concrete surfaces.
- Carpeted Clean Room Sticky Mats offer an added layer of protection by removing the larger particles before the individual steps onto the polyethylene, tacky portion of the mat.
- These mats are the answer to keeping sanitary-sensitive areas free and clear of foreign substances by trapping unwanted dirt, dust and debris from shoe surfaces.
- Act as a barricade for sterile environments.
- Each case contains 1 or 4 pads with 30 or 60 layers per pad for a total of 120 or 240 layers per case.